Shams Alam Beach Resort is a 4-star hotel and stands for wellbeing as well as great windsurfing and interesting action sports such as diving & snorkelling.
LOCATION – The hotel is located directly at the sandy beach and is 47km south of Marsa Alam in the heart of the Wadi Gimal National Park. The FBC Windsurfing Center is on the hotel property on the beach. The distance to the airport is around 120km.
FACILITIES – The hotel sits on a 1km private sandy beach and is designed in ancient Arabic architecture with brick domes and arches. The rooms are distributed over eleven 2-story buildings.
- reception / lobby with internet corner (for a fee)
- 3 bars i.a. poolbar, beachbar (for snacks)
- 2 cafés
- doctor’s service
- garden with sun terrace
- 1 swimming pool (fresh water & heated)
- free beach towels
- credit cards: VISA, Mastercard
- dive center (for a fee)
- beach volleyball
- table tennis
- SPA with steam bath, sauna, massages (for a fee)
- kids pool
- kids entertainment /mini-disco
RESTAURANTS & BARS – Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served within the main restaurant in buffet style. There are 3 bars and 2 cafés available.
BOARDING – all inclusive
- breakfast: buffet
- lunch: buffet
- dinner: buffet
- snacks from 10:30 to 18:00
- local, alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks from 10:00 to 00:00
- Sat -TV
- balcony or terrace
- mini-bar (for a fee)
- air conditioning
- also available with sea-view Superior category
With same facilities as the double rooms the family rooms consist of two double rooms with connecting door.
NUMBER OF ROOMS – 160 rooms
- 3 adults in double rooms
- 3 adults & 2 children in family rooms